Saturday, October 3, 2009

Scrapfest 2009: Hambly Studios

Hambly Studios is by far my favorite vendor at the show. Only problem is that they give us so many options of products to combine I freak out trying to select just a few! Luckily... there was an owl to pick so that helped tremendously! We lined our envelope with Hambly paper, and then created the card using an overlay cut to size combined with a paper and rub-on. Lot's of possibilities here! Could be a cute card or an invitation or thank you note as well.

Their products are so fresh and fun and I love working with them.

Each item is hand printed in their shop - check out some nifty photos of the process on their blog here and here.

If you look closely - you can see last years class project, the one with "today" on the cover as part of their display... my favorite from last year!

In addition to completing their make-and-take, we also took a class this year featuring Allison Kreft Abad as the instructor: FAB-U-LOUS! The theme of the mini-book we created was "My Favorite Things." You can see the instructions for the original here. Also discovered Tombow's Vellum Adhesive Runner - it is the "clearest" adhesive I've used and seems to have a good tight hold. As I have not yet invested in a cropadile (it's on the list with my next discount coupon) - the holes have not yet been punched to apply the two rings that will "bind the book" together. You will have to use your imagination for that...

Without further ado, enjoy mine!

(image from flickr)

(image from flickr)

We were also treated with some random freebies fresh off the presses! Yea us! I might just sneak in one more page later made with the elephants since they are so cute. After all - how can it be that I do not have a page for my favorite owls? Such an oversight!

Wish it was easier to find these in my local store!

1 comment:

Allison Kreft Abad said...

Thanks for sharing, i love seeing how your mini book turned out!