Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas…

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas Only a hippopotamus will do Don't want a doll, no dinky Tinker Toy I want a hippopotamus to play with and enjoy
I want the world to be at peace I want the earth to be well and for us to stop damaging it I want no more animals to rush to extinction due to our stupidity
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas I don't think Santa Claus will mind, do you? He won't have to use our dirty chimney flue Just bring him through the front door, that's the easy thing to do
I want there to be clean water for everyone to drink I want no child to be hungry, no adult for that matter I want medicine available to all who need it
I can see me now on Christmas morning, creeping down the stairs Oh what joy and what surprise when I open up my eyes to see a hippo hero standing there
I want for folks to share with each other when they have more than they need I want the sense of entitlement rampant in America to go away I want people to be aware of the worth of their souls
and to appreciate their gifts
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas Only a hippopotamus will do No crocodiles, no rhinoceroses I only like hippopotamuses And hippopotamuses like me too
I want my family to be kind and to be at peace I want my family to never feel loneliness,
may they all have friends who they can call upon I want my family to appreciate each other
Mom says the hippo would eat me up, but then Teacher says a hippo is a vegetarian. (Short Music Interlude) There's lots of room for him in our two-car garage I'd feed him there and wash him there and give him his massage
I want my friends to know they can call on me no matter what I want my friends to feel loved I want my friends to have all that they need
I can see me now on Christmas morning, creeping down the stairs Oh what joy and what surprise when I open up my eyes to see a hippo hero standing there
I want patience for myself I want to be complaint free I want to let go of anger
I want a hippopotamus for Christmas Only a hippopotamus will do No crocodiles or rhinoceroseses I only like hippopotamuseses And hippopotamuses like me too!
So now that you’re done delivering the toys,
could you get on these requests Santa!? Thanks for all your hard work ~ thank the elves and Mrs. Claus too!
Merry Christmas to One and All!
"Hippo Song" Words and Music by John Rox

No comments: