Monday, March 24, 2008

Fueling the Fire

Since the beginning of the year, I've been working on the word FIRE. One of the things I've been trying to do is get on a healthy eating plan - fueling my fire. (I needing to starting again with this part, but then again every day is day one right?) The husband has now decided that he to will be involved in this process. (Doesn't that make it so much easier!?) He has picked a plan that he likes and I am still in search of.

I'm basically just starting out by cutting calories, watching portion size, cutting out sugars (the "bad ones" not all), and distributing meals through out the day. Thank goodness for Lean Cuisine! I'm also upping the water intake and adding exercise on my NordicTrak (I'm up to 15 minutes today - woo hoo!) I also cut out diet soda - it's technically allowed on virtually every plan, but I feel better already without it! Can't completely shake coffee though... that would take the apocalypse.

Anyone have any success stories out there? Weight Watchers? Jenny Craig? Grapefruit Diet? Share your stories with me - I need some ideas which way to go! I'd like a true life style change and not a diet if you know what I mean. If I can't sustain it, the weight will come back and bring friends. Ask me how I know that! I lost 25 pounds and gained 50 back over the last ten years.

I leave you with this image from my dinner last night. Talk about beating someone insensible with a strawberry... this could do it!

2 comments:

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

yes! you can do it!
Strawberries mmmmmmm
I did weight watchers and I succeeded and I reccomend it to anyone, it is very easy and affordable.

Anonymous said...

I've lost 75 pounds on Weight Watchers. It is the best program because you're still in control of what you eat. It really is the lifestyle change that you need to lose weight. You can eat everyone else's food on their plans, but then you eventually have to go back to eating the food you always have. That's why I like Weight Watchers. I still eat the things I really like to. It's a hard thing, but so worth doing. Learning portion sizes was HUGE for me. No wonder I was overweight when I realized I was eating enough food for 40 people. :)

Best wishes and Good Luck!
Kristen