Sunday, June 21, 2009

iPhontasmagorical!

Here is another episode in the continuing saga of my assimilation into whatever it is I'm being assimilated into...

Okay - I'm really excited so I'm going to talk REALLY fast and probably not use any punctuation and drive people crazy, but this is so cool and I just have to tell you what happened when I went to see John Fogerty in concert near Chicago with my husband and Edwina and John and I went into the bathroom and one of those evil attack toilets that flush automatically (I'm sure you know the ones - rant on that topic later) caused me to lose my beautiful LG Shine phone into the bowl and it got WET and it went all liney and then had a black screen and wouldn't work and I was VERY sad and I told Edwina that I was SAD and that maybe this was God's way of telling me I should find the money to buy an iPhone even thought I couldn't get the reduced price through ATT until March 10th of 2010 and that I've had that date circled on my calender and I've been drooling over them and couldn't stop staring at other peoples and that it was getting EMBARRASSING and then she said:

breathe

MY FRIEND MELANIE HAS ONE SHE WANTS TO SELL

the world stopped spinning for a moment right here...

and then I said:

FOR GOODNESS SAKE CALL HER IMMEDIATELY AND TELL HER I'LL TAKE IT!

...or something like that because I stopped thinking clearly after that point and was just simply on CLOUD NINE for the rest of the evening while I listened to the concert and enjoyed the company and counted how many guitars Fogerty played and thought how LIFE IS GOOD sometimes and then I mailed Melanie a check for a very reasonable amount when I got back home and she mailed me the iPhone and now it is MINE.

sigh

Now - what apps do I need?!

1 comment:

ALK said...

Thanks for making me laugh - that's great!!!