Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Look What I Can Do!

...she said in her best Stuart imitation! Went on a eBay spending spree for beads and findings about a year ago and then promptly didn't do anything with them! Segue to this Spring when I remembered I wanted to take some jewelry making classes at Embellish, a bead shop on Cleveland's West Side in Rocky River. What a great place! I signed up for a basic technique primer night. Can't recommend this place highly enough. Laura the owner, and Jennifer were wonderful. Lots of one on one attention and I would have left with a completed project if I hadn't chosen one so ambitious!

Actually, most of the materials here are recycled from other older pieces. The colorful black beads were once a bracelet given to me by my mother-in-law, acquired on a recent trip to Italy. I had worn it so much that it fell apart! The big gold owls also from another piece I wore-out when in college, the gold beads from one of those popular bead necklaces we all wore in the mid-80's.

The matching earring are next, then a few more wire wrap projects like this one to use up those eBay beads... then I'm taking a stringing class!

I'm sure I'll have more shiny stuff to show you soon!

Who wants to come play with me!?

1 comment:

ALK said...

How cool is that to have all those memories put together in something that YOU did!!!