Monday, October 13, 2008

You Be The Judge

Yes, it truly is spooky posting time here at Finer Than Frog Hair and I'm going out on limb for you my Bloglandia friends...

You remember my trip to Canada? The topic does keep coming up! I took a lot of photos that week. One in particular was very interesting. I'm not entirely certain what to make of it. I'm not sure I mentioned that we were staying at the Clear Lake Cottages in the Rideau Canal Region. I'm not sure I mentioned that as we drove in I noticed that the Stanton-Kerr Cemetery was adjacent to their property? I being clever like I am, remarked to the husband that perhaps we'd have ghosties floating over the lake in the evening. I joked about it with the owner and she said very seriously, "Oh no. No ghosts here, but we have one over at our house." Okay then.

Hmmm... See the aberration in the upper left below? That is so not the moon.

Look a little closer in super zoom:

I'm thinking ghost orb - how about you?

We watch "Ghost Hunters" and enjoy a good paranormal adventure story. The debate rages about whether or not orbs are true spirit manifestations. I have no idea - but this is the first time I've ever had one appear in one of my digital photos, or in any photo for that matter. Honestly, I did have one more... the very next snap in the series also has one. If you were to say that the orb above was near to me and the shore, I'd say the next in the series is smaller, perhaps higher and maybe halfway out over the lake. See it near the left center top of this photo?

The other photos before and after these have no orbs, nor were there any on the other nights that week. Whether that adds to the dust theory or the dampness theory I don't know. Doesn't look like either of those shown in the debunking examples I looked at. I've got my money on George Kerr. According to the cemetery's history on the site above, his body and the headstone stone were moved to Halliday Cemetery in Elgin. He's probably looking for it.

photo from the heritage society website

What's your vote?

1 comment:

ALK said...

I vote that ye are a goofball :-)