Sunday, July 5, 2009

True Americana: Annabelle's

Took the Cougar for a cruise up to Annabelle's Diner in Mentor last evening. Lucky us - the Mentor Fourth of July fireworks display was almost right next door! They put on a great display.

Annabelle's hosts classic car cruises every weekend and we've had fun checking out the other cool cars and meeting new friends.

The restaurant itself is a fifties style diner - with fun decor. The cheeseburgers and onion rings are the best! I really need to order a Chocolate Milkshake one of these nights...

You can see the set up is very retro.

There are nifty jukebox stations at every table. One of these days I'm gonna drop my quarter in and select "Running Bear" by Johnny Preston. Reminds me of staying at Grandma Carpenter's house - where I would make her play the record over and over again. She also taught me how to make mustard pickles. Wish I had some now.

Memories - Good times!

They had a live band too - lots of 50's and 60's hits... Even played some Patsy Cline. Another personal favorite.

Maybe you should come cruising with us next time!

No comments: