Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Let's Pretend

The Vikings were right. Hell is a vast frozen waste land. And I may be visiting it.

It is in the single digits here in North East Ohio... I've shoveled my car out every day for the last week (or more? the days blend together in a white on white haze!) and it took an hour and fifteen minutes to do the twenty minute drive home from work today.

If I had some Calgon - I'd let it take me away.

I might be tired of this already.

But I have a plan.

I'm gonna visit Summertime.

Wanna come?

Okay.... gaze into the mystical ball...

Go over the double rainbow...

There we go!

Can you feel the sunlight yet?

Much better than winter white!

Ahhhhh... Warm...

So that's what the grass looks like!

Pop back over any time you need to escape the chilly willies!

4 comments:

ALK said...

LOL - You're so funny! I just got back my printed shots of last summer's beach vacations and all the gorgeous flowers we saw at other destinations. I'm almost warmed up even without the hot cocoa, hee hee :-)

Anonymous said...

Wondered what it was doing up there! Hilliard was one of few that didn't delay/canc today! Poor Marsh has to stand out for 50 minutes in front of school when I drop him off.I was the only tech that made it in on time! I think I'll read about fair stuff next, really hot then with hot funnel cakes and hot elephant ears! :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos! From the snow to the rainbow to the gorgeous flowers... I felt warmer just looking at them!

Anonymous said...

Are these photos from your garden? They are gorgeous!!! I'm in west-central Illinois and I am SOOO ready for summer!