Sunday, January 4, 2009

On the Nightstand

In an effort to focus (there's that word!) on some things I want to focus on, I've gathered some reading material... Here's what's on my list!

The Tao of Pooh - Benjamin Hoff. I've wanted to read this for some time. I bought the tapes maybe ten years ago? Couldn't focus on listening to them in the car - too many other voices crowded it out (see book number four!) This time I'm gonna be ready!

The Tarot Bible - Sarah Bartlett. The universe is often trying to tell us things. Perhaps I need to listen. Perhaps this is the language I can use.

Soul Coaching - Denise Linn. Looks like an interesting way to get ready to welcome change. I plan to use a resource here to help me in the process.

Taming Your Gremlin - Rick Carson. Saw this book over here and wanted it as soon as I read about it. The voices need to hush up! Hear me!? Also, I hope that the illustrator doesn't mind, but the line drawn images in this book are calling out to be colored in! I think that it would be a great meditative exercise. Yup. Don't you agree?

Life is a Verb - Patti Digh. I've talked here about '37 Days' before. I read this book while we were in Canada, but did not actually attempt any of the exercises. This time I'll focus! Living intentionally is the goal.

Journal Revolution - Linda Woods & Karen Dinino. What a fabulous way to learn more about art journaling. I really have been excited about the Soul Journal Project and this will be a fun way to continue the progress in this area. Many good ideas for prompts and techniques.

1000 Artist Journal Pages - Dawn DeVries Sokol. Beautiful! Check out D'Blogala the blog of the author. She has compiled 1000 examples of wonderful art. Although I know I'll find my own style, I love looking at these pages and getting ideas.

Life Artist - Ali Edwards. Some great ideas here for scrapbooking outside the box. I love her style and this book has terrific approaches to memory keeping.

Digital Scrapbooking for Dummies - Jeanne Wines-Reed & Joan Wines. This one was a gift from The Boy for Christmas. (Why is it not in the stack? Must have been reading it in the other room!) He thought it would help me create better pictures for sharing here on the blog as well as scrapbooking. I'm not ready to go all the way digital, but I've been wanting to try some hybrid stuff for a while so this is great!

Last but not least, I'm joining an online book club called the next chapter which will be reading The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women by Gail McMeekin. That one had to be ordered so hopefully it will arrive before we begin this Friday! See the link on my side bar to join along with us. So glad I saw the link for this over at Adventuring Through Life - thanks Diana!

So what should I read when I'm done with these?

Suggestions?

1 comment:

Jamie Ridler said...

What wonderful books! May they inspire you deeply :)

I'm so glad you found The Next Chapter and will be joining us on the journey. It looks like 2009 is going to be a creative year!