Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Freakies Baby!

So we were having a conversation today at work (no really - we were working too). We had all received one of those email quizzes asking you trivia questions like: "What tag line follows 'Brill Cream...' "? Answer of course is "...a little dab 'll do you!" or maybe you are more familiar with "Which Pro Football Player wore women's pantyhose for a commercial?" and of course we know it's Broadway Joe Namath right!? "Who played Peter Pan before Robin Williams?" Correctly displayed answer was "Mary Martin", but I maintain that TECHNICALLY right before Robin, at least in terms of popular culture, was Sandy Duncan. (Sometimes people don't understand my need to share this type of correction! hmpf!) Over all I got 19 out of 20 correct (My apologies to Chet Huntley and David Brinkley for not recognising their sign off... Apparently we were Edward R Murrow fans.)

Well one of the questions was "Complete the following... I wonder, wonder, wonder..." and I jokingly said "Who grew the Freakies Tree!?" Now I must say I knew they were going for "Who wrote the book of love?" but was otherwise inspired to give the answer I did because I am just that kind of a fun gal!

Mostly folks seem to think I'm a bit nutty though when I come up with zingers like that. Especially Liz. She also thinks I'm spoiled, but that is a post for another day.

For all Freakies Fans everywhere - you know who you are! This one's for you! Thanks so much to the faithful fan who posted it to YouTube. Ah yes! The joyous memories of Childhood! (The Book 0f Love section comes in at just after 3 minutes...)

Enjoy!

Feel free to comment if you too remember this fine Breakfast Cereal. I was also a MAJOR fan of King Vitamin. Although I'll admit I did spend an inordinate amount of time selecting cereal based on the toy inside as well. A fine young consumer in the making. Trained me for studying on those nutrition panels later in life!

1 comment:

Latharia said...

Wow. You just answered a question I've had for years. My grandmother had a magnet on her fridge for ages -- it was the monster with the pink hooked nose ... I always THOUGHT it was something to do with breakfast cereal, but now I know for sure! WOW! My parents had no idea what I was talking about when I described it years later!