Saturday, June 7, 2008

L is for Limbo

You didn't think it stood for LOSER did you?

Check out the definition below pulled from the Merriam Webster's Online Dictionary- pay particular attention to the "b" entry:

Main Entry: 1lim·bo
Pronunciation: \'lim-(,)bō\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural limbos
Etymology: Middle English, from Medieval Latin, abl. of limbus limbo, from Latin, border
Date: 14th century

a: a place or state of restraint or confinement
b: a place or state of neglect or oblivion
c: an intermediate or transitional place or state
d: a state of uncertainty

I think that pretty much sums things up for me and my little blog here don't you!

I have never been one to keep a journal or diary. I really like the idea of a blog though. More pictures - less words! I absolutely love to read the blogs of others. I only have 162 in my GoogleReader at last count! I thought if I got into the rhythm of blogging (almost) daily during lent that it would be a cinch to keep it up.

Not so much I guess.

I would get those lovely, girly, pink books with the secure lock and key (that NO ONE could get past I'm certain!) in my youth and just never write in them... I'm not sure which excuse I preferred: "What if I make a mistake and have to scribble out?" (the horror!), "I don't like my handwriting", " What if I say something silly?", "What if there isn't enough space", "What if I miss a day?", "What if my MOM finds it?" (actually a really good reason back then!), "What if it is not PERFECT?"

Probably the last one is the closest to the heart of it. What if it's wrong, boring, stupid, spelled incorrectly, poor grammar....What if no one wants to read it? What if no one gets me?

So I'm trying again.

Using artistic license I have back filled some of my thoughts and images captured over the last two months (the last official post was March 31st). You can read them if you want to - I don't mind. I suggest pinging through the archive on the side bar if you're interested...

Then I plan to move forward and complete some future posts. On my own schedule. If I want to. Because I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me! (Thank you Stuart Smalley - I'll say it every day!)

So watch out for Flashback Friday where I plan to start sharing some of my scrapbook pages, and also for Wavelength Wednesday set aside for some image color studies... you could even play too if you want!

...and remember "L" is not always for Loser or even Limbo. Sometimes it is for LAUGHTER, LOVE, and LIFE too!

2 comments:

ALK said...

YOU are the LAST person I would consider oblivious babe!!!

Latharia said...

Wow ... I've been in limbo for more than a week now. Thanks for putting a label on what's invaded my space! Thanks, too, for stopping by my blog! :D Great to see you again!