Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Claiming My Journal

So I put the pen to page as it were, and got started on my Soul Journal as guided by Sarah Whitmire at Caspiana. This page represents days one and two of the project which were originally published in mid July. I'm a little late to the party - let's call it fashionably late though!

As to be expected... I didn't exactly follow the posted instructions. But I'm sure that as this is a soul exploring process, they were really only meant as suggestions. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!) You know I am normally a stickler for rules... being in quality assurance and an analytical chemist to boot... but when it comes to creative projects I'm incapable!

Our mission was to claim our journal. It was very much fun! I enjoyed using the stencil "Look Within" because of the multiple meanings which could be inferred: an invitation to read my pages, an opportunity to be introspective, an direction to go seek knowledge...what does it mean to you?

1 comment:

Lindart said...

Beautiful page, Constance! I love the Look Within, it does have a lot of meanings. When I first saw it I thought, a journal, to look within yourself, but then it changed to look inside my journal!