Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Alignment

Did you know there was an eclipse tonight? Read about it more in a Sky & Telescope piece. It's 10:15pm EST and we are in the thick of it! Here are a few shots, the first from about 60 minutes ago, the second from about 15 minutes ago. If you go over to flicker, there are probably some awesome ones taken with fancy cameras... but these are the view from my corner of the world, my own personal lens. My poor son, bless his heart, has a had a rotten few days. He keeps asking me, "Why is this happening!?" I kept saying I really didn't know, sometimes things just don't go well. No matter how kind and calm you are, and how much good karma you think you're banking up, sometimes things just get out of alignment. When I heard abou the eclipse on NPR on the way home from work... it all made sense. Maybe this alignment is what put him OUT of alignment.
Don't worry buddy, we're not getting another full one until December 20, 2010. We'll have to plan a quiet, peaceful escape somewhere that week for Solstice and try to avoid it!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

The eclipse was quite amazing! Beautiful red color.

charlie said...

You know what gets my goat? I was out and about that night, and admiring the nice, bright moon. But I somehow MISSED it all?? I always miss these things :(

Ah well.

Tell your son that shit happens, there's no reason for it, that's just how the dice roll. The only thing you can do it keep on keeping on. You usually end up laughing about it or learning from it later on.

...... or not.

See why I'm not a parent? ;-p

Becky Carafa said...

Of course I missed it, so thank you for the pictures!

Tracy DeLuca said...

Beautiful eclipse. We were awestruck watching it. AS for your son... like I tell my DD... this too shall pass. (No, it doesn't help her either. But I say it anyway! LOL)

trisha too said...

We were coming home right when it started (we live in the country, so the view was great!)--we all got out of the car and admired it, until our toes/noses started freezing . . .

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

my moon...
sighs....